- The staff members at Urban Planning Concepts have over 90 years of experience in environmental land use planning, most of which is right here in Santa Barbara County. Of those 90 years, over 40 were spent as planners and administrative experts working for various state and local governments. UPC maintains substantial knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations and agencies.
- The staff is well educated with bachelor degrees in a diversity of fields including planning, environmental science, geography, environmental studies, business management, and architecture; two members of staff with Masters Degrees in City/Regional Planning and Hydrology.
- Each member is encouraged to participate and are active in multiple professional societies and local organizations and committees ranging from the American Planning Association, American Institute of Certified Planners, Society of American Foresters, American Geophysical Union, American Water Resources Association, and Association of Environmental Professionals.
- Laurie Tamura is AICP certified through the American Institute of Certified Planners
- David Swenk is a Certified Forester through the Society of American Foresters
- Brian Scwhartz is LEED Certified by Green Building Certification Institute